Canadian Firearms Training

Firearms Training affiliated instructors conduct Canadian Firearms Safety Courses (CFSC), Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Courses (CRFSC) and the Exams for both courses. After the course, students will be able to comfortably and safely handle a wide variety of firearms, and will be familiar with current gun laws in Canada. In most provinces the Canadian Firearms Safety Course Exam(s) must be passed in order to get a Possession and Acquisition Licence.

If you are looking for this training as a condition of employment with CBSA, you need to successfully complete both courses, but you don't have to get your own firearms licence.

Take a quick quiz at to see if you are ready to pass the CFSC and/or CRFSC exam. - prepare online to challenge the Canadian Firearms Safety Course tests

If you possess firearms, you MUST have a valid Firearms Licence and (for Quebec residents) your firearms must be registered . You will still need a firearms licence to legally possess guns and to buy ammunition. It is NOT too late to get your firearms Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL)! The Canadian Firearms Centre is being reasonable with gun owners who get a PAL. NEXT FIREARMS TRAINING CFSC PAGE